SeedMaster’s trained Territory Managers help growers maximize efficiency and productivity with SeedMaster air drills. Territory Managers provide on-farm analysis of crop production factors, and provide agronomic and technological recommendations to grow the best crop possible.
SeedMaster Certified dealerships are your first point of contact for all Parts & Service needs. Click here for a full list of locations. If you require additional help, please feel free to contact us!
SeedMaster is currently seeking an innovative, forward-thinking and results-oriented individual to join our Engineering Team.
As a Design Engineer you will be part of a dynamic group that designs and creates leading edge products. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of new products through research and development as well as improving existing products. The Design Engineer will need to develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders including within the Engineering group.
Established in 2002, SeedMaster helps farmers grow better crops, more profitably. Based in Emerald Park, SeedMaster builds the lowest-maintenance seeding systems on the market, with terrain-following openers that place seed and fertilizer with pinpoint accuracy. As a family business, and farmers themselves, SeedMaster understands the need to seed thousands of acres, year after year, with perfect product placement and no downtime.
With its mission to help customers grow their farms through innovative seeding solutions, SeedMaster’s vision is to lead the agriculture industry by producing innovative, reliable and precise seeding solutions that bolster farm success and sustainability. As a multi-award winner in farm technology and its application to precision agriculture, data and analytics, the SeedMaster brand is recognized as synonymous with agricultural innovation.
Key accountabilities include:
· Takes ownership and accountability for work tasks and deliverables
· Works collaboratively and builds strong relationships with others
· Draws on knowledge and experience, uses references and resources as required to build a logical approach to address problems or opportunities and/or manage issues at hand
· Contributes on research and development projects and carries out responsibilities in a timely, diligent, safe and professional manner
· Be the primary contact with stakeholders on assigned projects
· Ensures quality in a products design for usability, reliability, functionality and manufacturability
· Provides input to project including timelines, forecasting, feasibility and budgeting
· Maintains a current detailed knowledge of design criteria, material and processes through industry organizations, review of supplier offerings, literature and conferences
· Have a minimum of 5-10 years of Canadian experience with demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices
· Professional membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) is preferred
· Experience with machine design, SolidWorks (or other 3D CAD systems), and manufacturing processes
· Knowledge of design processes and design execution
· Ability to interpret and apply drawings, standards and specifications
· Exceptional organizational skills; manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have strong problem-solving skills
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision
· Have the ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work without direction
· Big picture thinker, able to determine deign and manufacturing bottlenecks within the project
· Flexible and adaptable to change
· Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
· Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental, life insurance and a company match RRSP plan is part of a competitive compensation package.
In order to be considered for this role you must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Applications will be reviewed as of May 24, 2019, but this position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank you for taking the time to apply and while we wish that we could personally respond to everyone who applies, it is our practice to only contact those individuals selected for interviews.
SeedMaster is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.